This is a really refreshing twist on a classic marguerita cocktail using kefir made by fermenting water kefir grains in sugar, sultanas, lemon and ginger for 5 days.
- 3 measures (3 x 25 ml) best tequila
- 2 measures (3 x 25 ml) kefir lemonade
- 1 measure (25 ml) 1:1 sugar syrup
- 2 lime wedges
- Cracked ice
- Ground sea salt
- To make the sugar syrup dissolve equal parts of castor sugar to water by volume.
- Chill cocktail glasses and then twist the rims into ground salt.
- Fill a Manhattan cocktail mixer one third with ice and swirl to chill.
- Add the tequila, the kefir and the sugar syrup
- Shake for 15 seconds.
- Pour into glasses.
- Twist a lime quarter to release the oils and garnish each glass with the lime.